I’m on day 7 of a nasty flu and today I was craving something bready and substantial. All week I’ve been loading up on soups, hot teas, and what my best friend calls “Italian Antibiotics” – garlic, ginger, apple cider vinegar, and merlot (ha, kidding about the last one) – I just wanted some substance & comfort food. Pinterest to the rescue! I found several variations on “mug cakes” or “mug muffins” and made my own twist. It turned out really yummy so I wanted to share it with you
- 1 ripe banana, smashed until smooth
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp nut butter (I used sun butter)
- 1 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon (yes, I love cinnamon, feel free to use less LOL)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- chopped walnuts, optional
- Dump all ingredients in a nice big mug & stir until well blended
- Microwave 2 minutes. Watch the fun! It puffs up super high like a souffle!
- Either turn the mug upside down & put the muffin on a plate, or eat right out of the mug.
- Nom nom nom